GOLF - Follow your True Course to The Mere
Our Championship Golf Course
Unrivalled and up to all, our James Braid designed golf course is undoubtedly one of the best prepared and well-conditioned golf courses in the North of England. The 18 hole, 6,882 -yard, par-71 course was created out of 150 acres of Cheshire parkland in 1934. The surrounding mature trees, rhododendron bushes and the lakeside setting add considerable charm, and provide challenging hazards on this Cheshire golf course. Water, ravines and thick vegetation have been incorporated into the layout so that care and accuracy are demanded both off the tees and on the greens.
To prepare for the challenges of The Mere's golf course, we offer players a complete floating golf ball driving range, two-tier pitching green, putting green and bunker practice area where players can warm up before a round. Over the years, The Mere has hosted several high profile championship tournaments. We are currently the regional venue for the qualifying round of the R & A Open Championship for a seven year period (2008-2015).
Our golf facilities include :-
- The UK's only complete floating golf ball driving range
- Practice facilities which include chipping green, putting green and short game practice area
- Expert Golf tuition with our resident Senior Golf Instructor
- Golf Shop with extensive golf apparel and hardware ranges
- Luxurious Club Lounge & Bar
- Unique 11th Green Bar
- Golf buggies and electric trolleys to hire from our Golf shop
- Tee times available throughout the year
- Hire sets
Click here to view our golf brochure
Pamper Spa Packages
Indulge your passion with a luxury day spa or spa break in our Spa & Health Club. With fabulous products including CARITA, Aromatherapy Associates, BABOR and Jessica.